Wednesday 30 January 2008

WINTER NOOKS & CRANNIES, BEN LAWERS




The snow and winter conditions are definately back after the wee blip of warm, wet weather over the weekend. Today I was checking out some of my favourite winter spots on Beinn Ghlas & Ben Lawers. I went onto the South faceing corrie of Beinn Ghlas then over to the Creag Loisgte area on Lawers before descending the S/SE ridge from the summit of Lawers back down to Tombreck.


The crags are well rimed and looking good, a lot of windslab building on Eastern slopes, the gullies on Creag Loisgte not filled in yet but I think that will change somewhat after the next few days of blizzards and heavy snowfall forecast.


It was quite a pleasent morning with sunshine and the tops clear. I was just descending back down to Loch Tay before the wind picked up and the snows arrived.


No comments: