Wednesday 20 February 2008

BACK TO PROPER SCOTTISH WINTER WEATHER




It was nice to feel real Scottish conditions today. I was up in one of Tarmachans' Eastern gullies, at about grade 1 it's my favourite one which finishes just below the summit of Tarmachan. The whole of the Eastern corrie looks superb with hard snow everywhere. The gully was untouched and I saw no one till the summit area. It was snowing lightly down to 500m most of the day, drier and cloud lifting late afternoon. Great neve all the way up.

I can't beleive there are folk walking around the hills right now with no winter ice axe & Crampons, 2 guys even asked me how long it would take them back to their car, where their car was they never mentioned!

Looks like wet & warm day tomorow but something colder on it's way for the weekend.

No comments: