Friday 13 November 2009

LAZY HILL DAY




A very pleasant day again on the west coast with some sunshine by mid day. I had a lazy start and cycled up to Lundavra then walked up onto a very nice wee hill above Loch Leven - Tom Meadhoin. At only 621m its a shortish hill day and a good jaunt on days when the cloud is down on the higher hills, like it was today. Like all these smaller hills you are guaranteed not to see a soul, especially as I didn't go up the logical, shorter route from Loch Leven. Looks like a wild and wet day on Saturday then a much better day for Sunday. More snow above 1000m forecast so the highest summits will all have a covering of snow.

2 comments:

Richard Down said...

Just visting your site having spotted it on the LFTOer blogs forum.
Your latest pics make me green with envy as I've never really managed a proper tour of the Western Highlands apart from a brutal biking tour when I was 18.
I'll spend a bit of time looking through this for tips etc.

Gary Hodgson said...

Hi Richard

Thanks for your kind comments, pleased you enjoy the blog. I see you work for the Echo. I was born and bred in Liverpool but 'escaped' many years ago! If your up this way in winter then I'm available to show you the best of the Highlands! Have a safe and fun winter. Great Echo site, things have changed since the internet!
Cheers
Gary