Wednesday 3 August 2011

EAST RIDGE CARN DEARG MEADHONACH

Another stunning summers day in Lochaber with hot sun, light breeze and clear summits. Today I headed round to the quiet Allt Daim from the Allt a' Mhuillin which was a bit rough and damp but I saved myself 11 quid in the Gondola fare. I was on the East Ridge of Carn Dearg Meadhoach today which I have climbed several times in winter but never in summer. I saw no one all the way along the beautiful 'sharks finned' ridge. It's a longish approach but in a beautiful glen with great scenery. There is quite a bit of loose rock so there's a need to be delicate with the scrambling. The only other being I saw was a pair of ptarmigan just above my hands! Great views at the top and only a few minutes up to Carn Mor Dearg. On the way down I bumped into Jeff and Andy, two clients who were on a winter course with me in January when we did the CMD arete on a cracking day, small world! Forecasts not looking too bad now (changed again!) Tomorrow is wet but Friday looking a nice day.

No comments: