Friday 30 September 2011

A QUICKIE UP THE BEN

While everywhere but the west coast of The Highlands are enjoying the heatwave with blue skies, we're having to cope with  Atlantic weather fronts flirting over us. So  with today's forecast predicting rain by mid day I set off for a quick morning out and trying to get down before getting wet. I set off from the Aluminium smelter in The Fort and went up Ledge Route, getting to the summit of Carn Dearg in 1 hour 56mins. There was a stiff southerly breeze across the ridge to spice things up a bit and keep me moving. Only the running shoes today and a light rucksack so a quick run back down and getting home before the rain and less than 3 and a half hours in total. the rain started 30mins later so feeling smug! I suppose I may have been quicker but for taking photos and helping someone who seemed to be navigationaly misplaced on the Allt a' Mhuillin path. 

No comments: