Thursday 6 March 2014

BIKING UP CARN BAN MOR, GLENFESHIE

Looking over to Coire Gorm on the excellent path up to Carn Ban Mor
Upper Glenfeshie and Coire Garbhlach just visible
A great ride down, Monadh Liath in the distance
A milder day but looking even milder and very wet this coming Saturday so I suspect a lot of big white stuff will be falling down off the hills. No bad thing really, we need a  thaw and next week is looking like the most settled period this winter with forecasted high pressure for several days, we will see. I set off today for just a shortish bike ride up Glenfeshie but before I knew it I was biking up the excellent path toward Carn Ban Mor at 1052m, as you do. It's probably too good a path now it's had a lot of work done to it, with lots of drainage channels it makes for a 'technical' ride down, but fantastic. I got up to the snowline before the rain came on and not exactly being  equipped for the hill I thought it made sense to head down. Off west again tomorrow for 3 days work over on The Ben and Lochaber area.

No comments: